Microsoft Lists is a table management tool that brings the power of the database together with the usability of the spreadsheet, but in a web format. Lists lets you create custom lists with columns of your choice and many thousands of items. From there you can sort, filter, and group your information into views, including basic rows and groupings, but also image-based cards.
Lists provides a truly modern experience for SharePoint lists—much more modern than the earlier modern experience that rolled out with SharePoint Online a few years ago—and helps Lists compete with tracking and tasking apps like Wrike, Asana, and other tools that manage item listings.
If you're familiar with using lists in SharePoint, you already know how to use Microsoft Lists. They just now come with that many more features.
- A simple overview of MIcrosoft Lists [Matt Wade]
- Which tool when: Tasks (Lists, Planner, To Do, Tasks in Teams) [Matt Wade]
- SharePoint UserVoice [UserVoice]
- SharePoint on TechCommunity [Microsoft]
- Matt Wade, Office Services MVP